In honour of Earth Day, I’ve collected all this list of my favorite environmental quotes. I hope you discover them as inspiring as I do. We have AN obligation of taking care of this world we all share and Earth Day could be a nice chance to celebrate the progress we’ve created.
It’s conjointly a good chance to recommit and attempt to try and do a much better job. We’re all at a different point on our path toward a sustainable future.
If you are thinking about the environment, take action on Earth Day 2019. Search Earth911’s Earth Day Events listings for activities near you.
Earth Day Inspiration quotes
Now, time to draw a bit inspiration from the quotes below.
- Only when the last tree is dead, the last river poisoned, and the last caught fish, we will realize that we can not eat money
- Before flying I was aware of how small and vulnerable our planet is, but only when I saw it from space, in all its ineffable beauty and fragility, did I realize that the most urgent task of humanity is to protect and preserve it for future generations.
– Sigmund Jáhn
- The best inheritance we can leave to our children is: love, knowledge and a planet in which they can live
- For hundreds of thousands of years, man struggled to open a place in nature. For the first time in the history of our species, the situation has been reversed and today it is essential to make a place for nature in the world of man – Santiago Kovadloff
- It produces an immense sadness to think that nature speaks while the human race does not listen to it.
- The global environment, with its finite resources, is a common concern for all peoples. The protection of the vitality, diversity and beauty of the Earth is a sacred duty.
- Only if we learn to see the value of nature in itself, will nature allow humans to be much longer. We must learn to love and care for nature, if we want to prevent destroying ourselves.
Our most important action is to take care of nature – Richard Freiherr von Weizsäcker
- One of the biggest mistakes is to do nothing because we think we can do just a little. Recycle , every effort is worth.
- A nation that destroys its soil destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of the earth, purify the air and give pure strength to our people – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- You can live two months without food and two weeks without water, but you can only live a few minutes without air. The land is not an inheritance from our parents, but a loan from our children. Love is the greatest force in the universe, and if there is environmental chaos on the planet, it is also because there is no love for it. There is enough in the world to meet the needs of all men, but not to satisfy their greed. – Mahatma Gandhi
Quotes on save earth
- The Earth is not of man, man is of Earth
- Our land gives us everything we need to live, without asking anything in return, all we have to do is take care of it and protect it.
- Safeguard the environment … It is a guiding principle of all our work in support of sustainable development; is an essential component in the eradication of poverty and one of the foundations of peace – Kofi Annan
- We all share a responsibility towards the present and future well-being of the human family and the living world in its breadth. The spirit of human solidarity and affinity with all life is strengthened when we live with reverence before the mystery of being, with gratitude for the gift of life and with humility regarding the place that the human being occupies in nature.
Excerpt from the preamble to the Earth Charter
- Nonviolence leads us to the highest ethics, which is the goal of evolution. Until we cease to harm other living beings, we are still wild. Thomas Edison
- Man is the only thing we have to fear on this planet. – Carl Jung
- If we convert a tree into firewood it may burn for us, but it will no longer produce flowers or fruits.
- We must fight against the unconscious spirit of cruelty with which we treat animals. The animals suffer as much as we do. True humanity does not allow us to impose such suffering on them. It is our duty to make the whole world recognize it. Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living beings, humanity will not find peace. – Dr. Albert Schweitzer
- The earth is our refuge; let us help protect and care for it since it depends on the future of many generations.
- Let’s take care of nature now, to continue living tomorrow
- The world is a dangerous place. Not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing to avoid it
- Someday the tree that you have cut will need you to breathe
“I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.”—Mother Teresa
Quotes on save earth
“The Earth is what we all have in common.”—Wendell Berry
“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”-George Bernard Shaw
“Time spent among trees is never time wasted.”—Anonymous
“Away, away, from men and towns,To the wild wood and the downs, —To the silent wilderness,Where the soul need not repress its music.”—Percy Bysshe Shelley
“He that plants trees loves others besides himself.”—Thomas Fuller
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”—Margaret Mead
“One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.”—Leo Tolstoy
“The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.”-Lady Bird Johnson
“The Earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship. We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.”—John Paul II
“Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.”—John Ruskin
“Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.”—Jimmy Carter
Native American earth day quotes
“Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise.”—George Washington Carver
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.”—Jane Goodall
“The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.”—Gaylord Nelson
“What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on.”—Henry David Thoreau
“Environmentally friendly cars will soon cease to be an option … they will become a necessity.”—Fujio Cho, Honorary Chairman of Toyota Motors
“To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.”—Helen Keller
“A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.”—Franklin D. Roosevelt
“The Earth is a fine place and worth fighting for.”—Ernest Hemingway
Mother earth quotes
As I walk with BeautyAs I walk, as I walk,The universe is walking with me,In beauty it walks before me,In beauty it walks behind me,In beauty it walks below me,In beauty it walks above me,Beauty is on every side.
—Traditional Navajo Prayer
“The proper use of science is not to conquer nature but to live in it.”—Barry Commoner
“We have forgotten how to be good guests, how to walk lightly on the earth as its other creatures do.”—Barbara
What is Earth day? Earth day history
Earth Day is April 22, but the environment has become an overriding concern year-round. Our declining environment is more complex since 1962, when scientist-writer Rachel Carson published “Silent Spring,” raising an alarm over the impact of pesticides on our food chain. Earth Day asks that we protect our resources before it’s too late. Because “too late” is getting closer.